Information Agency "Jahon" of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The Information Agency "Jahon" of the MFA of the Republic of Uzbekistan was established in November 1995 with a view of disseminating the objective information on the social, economic and political reforms in Uzbekistan. Along with that, the establishment of the news agency has envisaged the reporting about the processes of democratic renewal of society, extending partnership ties with the news agencies around the world, and promoting the integration of the country into the global information space.
The following have been set as amongst the priority objectives of the news agency:
* To establish partnership ties with both national information agencies and global news centers with a view of timely and objective informing the local and foreign audiences about the reforms in political, social, economic, and cultural spheres in Uzbekistan;
* To publish and disseminate the news bulletins, reference books, catalogs, booklets, and other print, photography, and audiovisual products, which unveil the potential opportunities of Uzbekistan for the broad international cooperation;
*To gather information and report on the social, economic, and political life in foreign countries, as well as global problems within the framework of globalization processes, struggle against terrorism, extremism and religious fanaticism, ensuring peace and stability in the region.
The news agency is the only mass media outlet in Uzbekistan, which employs its own network of correspondents at the diplomatic missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad: in Russia, Germany, the United States, Belgium, Egypt, India, France, Turkey, and Japan. At the same very same time, the news agency remains the only news agency on the territory of Uzbekistan, which runs its own website in four languages at a moment: Uzbek, Russian, English, and Arabic.
At the moment, the news agency cooperates with local and foreign media outlets, as well as with local newspapers, and Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan.
In order to achieve the set objectives the Information Agency "Jahon" undertakes the following in keeping with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
* Gathers, edits, and analyzes information, produces and disseminates all types of news products in the country and abroad;
* Concludes agreements with local and foreign news agencies to provide (receive/purchase) information on the conditions of sharing, or commercial (business) terms;
* On commercial (business) terms provides information to foreign and local print media, radio and television, news agencies, and other media outlets, government and non-government institutions, and public organizations;
* Sells information and other related news materials, other products and offers services based on the commercially agreed terms.